Cheap Moving Company
Hiring the cheapest moving company available can be appealing when you’re planning a move, especially if you’re on a budget. These things add up! But sometimes you risk getting subpar service when you pass up the better rated and more expensive movers. Here are some pros and cons about hiring the cheap moving companies.
- Obviously one of the benefits of hiring a cheap moving company is that they are inexpensive. Moving can be costly and most of us would prefer to spend as little money upfront as possible.
- If you’re comfortable packing your own stuff and aren’t very picky about the truck packing process then a cheaper moving company might offer the speed that you’re looking for.
- No frills. If you already have your own wrapping blankets or are quick to trust any mover you won’t want to pay extra for frills that you don’t actually need.
- Cheap moving companies can be really convenient when you’re traveling short distances. You might need insurance or licensing if you’re just moving your stuff a couple blocks away.
- They tend to be easy to book. Cheap moving services are eager to take as much work as possible so you might be able to book an appointment faster than with some of the pricier options.
- When a moving company is not charging much for their services they will be trying to finish the job as quickly as possible. The increase in speed might lead to the cutting of corners and less regard for your belongings.
- In addition to moving quickly the cheaper moving companies just don’t have the same expertise and knowledge about how to safely move certain items without causing them damage.
- If a company isn’t charging much then are most certainly aren’t investing in the best moving equipment that’s available. Do keep in mind that there’s a lot more than manpower involved in the moving process.
- Cheaper moving companies are generally not licensed to move out of state, so if they happen to get pulled over and cited while they’re moving your stuff the truck is at risk of getting shut down. Obviously that would slow your moving process significantly.
- When you’re not paying much for the moving service you certainly won’t be guaranteed to get polite behavior from your movers.
It’s easy to see that are strong benefits as well as disadvantages to choosing the cheapest moving company available. It’s up to you to decide if the risks outweigh the benefits. We suggest hiring a professional licensed moving company like ProMoov to do the job since you’re pretty much guaranteed to have a great experience.
Our company is fully licensed to move out of state so a move with us will never run the risk of getting shut down along the way. We’re trained in the proper ways to pack homes as well as pack the moving trucks, and we put extra care into touchy items that need to be treated with a lighter hand or some extra bungy cords.
We have a strong dedication to the moving craft as well as professionalism, which means that you can expect our movers to show up on time in button shirts and ties each and every time. We know exactly how stressful moving can be, which is why we aim to provide the best service possible to our clients and ensure that the process is as peaceful as possible. Feel free to inquire about any questions you might have regarding your options and our services.
We have dedicated our lives to making your Minnesota move a stress-free transition using unmatchable professionalism.